B. Snow mobile
2018 Most popular ATV brand are available for sale!!!
New Yamaha ATV turbo kit release
The prayers of Yamaha fans have been answered as the Yamaha YXZ1000R turbo kit from GYTR is coming and it is backed by the Yamaha factory warranty.
We have come to know that everything is a process in our land of dreams in the trails and It is no secret that anyone that loves Yamaha’s YXZ1000R loves good, usable power as well as the spirited rides that this machine provides. Things are about to get even better as the Yamaha YXZ1000R turbo kit from GYTR is soon to be released.
The engineers on the GYTR (Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing) program have developed a combination of parts in a package that will make reliable power for your machine. The liquid cooled, fuel injected triple cylinder already lays down some impressive numbers and think about the possibility of a 60% power increase! That is something we had the chance to experience through some private testing recently and our thoughts were all over the board as it was so much to take in. It was sometimes hard to keep the Cheshire grin concealed when standing on the go pedal.
Before we get to our initial impressions let us look at the kit. This kit contains many parts and the install is going to be no joke (mechanical skills required!), but it will be worth the effort. Starting with the bottom end of the engine, when you begin forcing more and more air into a cylinder the pressure can wreak havoc on connecting rods. This is typically the first thing to bend if the head doesn’t lift to relieve pressure. The Yamaha YXZ1000R turbo kit contains three high performance rods to alleviate this problem. This could possibly be the most difficult part of the install as it requires the engine to be disassembled, but the added benefits are immense!
The kit also includes items such as a new and improved air box, performance exhaust header that uses the stock muffler, intercooler and much more. We will list the exact parts list below for those who need to see it in its entirety. The biggest part in the box of goodies is the Turboitself. This Garrett GT2860RS water cooled ball bearing turbo provides explosive punch to the rear wheels and it is expandable. So, where some turbos on the market come out of the box pumped up to their limit or at least extremely close, this unit can be tuned up for even more incredible excitement. All while running on 91 octane pump gas!
I know you didn’t start reading this to hear me gab so let’s get to our ride. It was a brief stretch of about two hours in some wide open and challenging tight, rocky terrain where we got our first ride in the turbo-equipped YXZ1000R. This system was added to the SS or Sport Shift model with the Fox X2 shocks that have tons of adjustment. Shifting via the steering column-mounted paddles made it easier to concentrate on the trail ahead as well as to get a good hold on the wheel.
Our initial impression was that the power seems to be very fluid and transfers smoothly up to a blistering pace. There is a very linear feel that isn’t over bearing, and turbo lag does not seem to be an issue as the power is right in place from the moment you settle in on the go pedal. It is when the engine rpms begin to build and the sheer brutality of the Garrett Turbo is exposed. The rear tires on our ride seemed to struggle to contain the power and quite frankly when I dialed up the needle on the gauge, the car just launched itself into the trails ahead. It is almost difficult to describe and to be quite honest I’d say maybe the chassis now needs to catch up to the powerful output. I would venture to say that new factory shock settings or maybe a new look at the chassis might be in order. It is just that impressive. Blowing the rear tires off is a very apparent by product of this GYTR system.
On the flip side of that coin we did roam around in some slower, tighter trails with mild rock formations to see just how this kit would benefit the average trail guy with the need for HP output. It felt comfortable using a gear higher than normal and with the added power the YXZ1000R would lug a little better in higher gearing.
Overall, we walked away very impressed the Yamaha YXZ1000R turbo kit. I would say it is not for the weak at heart or novice driver as the car turns from David Banner to the Incredible Hulk when pressed! Although the Turbo is not yet offered as a “dealer floor model,” let’s not kid ourselves as it has to become part of the floor plan at some point. Until then it’s refreshing to know that Yamaha offers a box of trusted parts and it does not void factory warranty like other aftermarket kits would. I’d say if you ever get a chance you must experience it!
Here is a full list of the kit’s products:
- A custom air box that fits in the same stock location provides clean air to the water-cooled, ball bearing, top-of-the-line Garrett GT2860RS Turbo – which is perfectly matched to deliver smooth, predictable power without the inconsistent throttle response found in inferior systems
- New Yamaha ECU that provides consistent throttle response with the reliability you’ve come to expect from GYTR
- New water-to-air intercooler to cool all that new found pressurized air – the absolute best option for your YXZ. It’s located just above the engine, to reduce lag, with remote radiatorin front where the air is cool to resist heat soak. A small electric water pump circulates water in this system
- New exhaust header utilizes the stock muffler with catalyst and Forestry-approved spark arrestor—allowing for 49-state compliance
- Includes an upgraded GYTR Connecting Rod Set
- Includes a high-quality Donaldson air filter assembly that replaces the stock air box
- Hand-welded, TIG-welded, equal length stainless steel tubular exhaust manifold for maximum performance and durability
- TIG-welded, aluminum air box with CNC-machined base and equal length runners to provide 6 psi of boost into the stock throttle bodies
- Braided, stainless steel hoses and AN fittings utilized for proven durability
- High-performance silicone hoses on all boost connections to prevent blow-offs
- Up to a 60% increase in power overall
- Requires the use of premium 91-octane gas
- NOT compatible with Powered Subwoofer on both YXZ1000R and YXZ1000R SS